I’ve written a new post over at www.reallyjennifer.com
(If you haven’t moved your subscription yet, please do – just be sure to look for the confirmation email and respond, or it will not go through… then you can unsubscribe over here… )
I got myself something for Christmas this year… a puppy! Yes, I know. Your first thought is, “are you crazy?” or maybe it was “better you than me”, or maybe you just laughed and shook your head. I assume that, because that’s normally how I respond when someone tells me that they basically lost their little minds to the unending cuteness, whining, and the pitter-patter of four little paws.
If you are familiar with my blog, you might remember my posts about my crazy dog that had issues beyond what training, Prozac, and a dog whisper could fix. I had to put him down about 6 months ago, because he was hurting himself uncontrollably. It was extremely difficult, and I am still saddened by the loss. I swore I was done with pets, and I was just going to keep our older dog comfortable till it was her time, and then we would be a pet free home. Now I have… READ MORE
New post over at www.reallyjennifer.com
These are a few of the things that caused me to say, “really?” last week…
- Watched 4 hours of a Storage Wars marathon…And liked it.
- Traveled for 2 hours (each way) for my son to play baseball. Twice in one week.
- Have the worst sunburn on my knees. Just my knees.
- Pollen. Just pollen. (GA broke the count record at 9,369)
- Spent an hour on the phone with a dog whisperer… (prozac dog post HERE)
- Found out there’s a TV show called Duck Dynasty…
There’s a new post over at reallyjennifer today called What’s Your Prozac Click on over to check it out…
If you like, you can subscribe at the new site, by entering your email on the right, and then, after you receive your confirmation email, be sure to reply to complete the subscription! My goal is to move everything over to the other site eventually…
Here’s the beginning of the new post:
I’ve recently posted on social media about my little dog, Sam, and his unacceptable issues. We started him on Prozac a few weeks back, as well as suiting him up with a nifty “Thunder Shirt” and a pheromone collar… We’ve also isolated him to 2 rooms 24/7… All for the purpose of calming his little doggie demons and extending his life in this world.
We have had Sam since he was a wee little pup, when we rescued him from some neighbors. He was abused his first few weeks of life, and has struggled ever since. His past obviously haunts him, as he doesn’t trust anyone, especially boys…
There’s a new Top Ten of the Week over at www.reallyjennifer.com
- The opening prayer at the Grammy’s (more of a wow, than a really)
- I teased my friend over at Thriving Despite Us about wearing velour sweat pants, so she gave me a pair… I tried them… and loved them. They do not have anything written across the bottom either… Don’t worry, I won’t wear them out of the house…
- My daughter’s Facebook fast only lasted 24 days… (bahaha)
- Having my 14 year old tell me that, even though he doesn’t always agree with our rules, I don’t have to worry about him breaking them.
- Realizing I haven’t scrap booked in 4 years… (after doing it daily for about 10) where did the time go?
- Buying doggie diapers, a pheromone collar, and a “thunder jacket” for the prozac dog… (mentioned in last week’s Top Ten)
Lady and Sam love getting dressed up for the holidays… Really.
I’m a better parent than a dog owner. Really.
At first glance into my home, you can clearly see that my kids have it way better than my dogs. But just in case you never get a peak into the pathetic lives of my canines, I will honor them in this weeks top 10…
The top 5 ways my kids have it better than my dogs…
- My kids have free roam of the house. My dogs can only inhabit 3 rooms.
- My kids get to ride in my car all the time. My dogs only travel to the vet when they are sick or need a shot. (I hate the slobber marks they leave on the window)
- I serve a variety of meals to my kids. The dogs get Purina Lamb & Rice. Everyday, twice a day. (if no one forgets) 365 days a year.
- My kids decide what they wear, for the most part. My dogs wear whatever cute or ridiculous outfit that suits my fancy…
- My kids can use the bathroom when they need to. My dogs have to wait till I feel like getting up…
The top 5 ways my dogs have it better than my kids…
- My dogs can run around in the yard all day. My kids have responsibilities.
- I bathe my dogs in the “big” tub. My kids bathe themselves. Period.
- My dogs can sleep all day if they want to. My kids get up in the morning. Or else.
- Dogs invented the “puppy dog” look, and it always works for them. My kids… not so much.
- If my dogs have an accident in the house, they get yelled at. Maybe. If my kids have an accident in the house, they get grounded, and possibly an appointment with a specialist.
So, who do you really think has it better?